Statement of Faith
This page affirms and teaches:
- the inspiration of the Bible (both the Old and the New Testaments) 2Ti 3:16-17 All Scripture is God-breathed, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be perfected, thoroughly furnished to every good work.
- the creation of man by the direct act of God; Genesis 1-2
- The fall of Man passing sin to all men Genesis 3 and Rom 5:12 Therefore, even as through one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin, and so death passed on all men inasmuch as all sinned:
- the incarnation and virgin birth of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ; Luke 1-2, Matt 1-2 Isaiah 9:6
- His identification as the Son of God John 8:58
- His vicarious atonement for the sins of mankind by the shedding of His blood on the cross Romans 5:8
- the resurrection of His body from the tomb
- His power to save men from sin; John 3:16 Rom 5:10-11 For if when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by His life. And not only so, but we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the reconciliation.
- the new birth through the regeneration by the Holy Spirit; Romans 10:9-10
- and the gift of eternal life by the grace of God. John 3:16, Titus 3:5